Why is National Day called “Golden Week?”
October 1st is China’s National Day, which is celebrated to commemorate the foundation of the People's Republic of China on 1 October 1949.
Presently, China’s National Day Holiday is celebrated around 7 days. Sometimes, National Day is celebrated in conjunction with another Chinese traditional festival- the Mid-Autumn Festival and the holiday will also be extended.
Because this is the biggest week for tourism in the country so people called it “Golden Week”. In fact, the government originally extended the length of this holiday to help encourage the growth of China’s domestic tourism market. During this period, people have a week off to reunite with their family and take trips within China and to surrounding countries. Also since the weather remains clear and temperatures are pleasant and comfortable, many people believe this is a golden time for traveling.
Here are some useful tips about travel-
1. Book hotel and transportation as early as possible. Some hot spots’ hotels are sold out several weeks or even months ahead of time.
2. Try to avoid the most popular attractions or else you may wait in long queues from morning to night.
3. Wearing a mask when hanging out.
4. Pay attention to destination temperature and bring suitable clothing.
5. Search on the internet for more travel guides and tips for the destination.
6. Download useful apps of destination in advance such as a mapping app, QR code for the subway, etc.
7. Some attractions require advance reservations online. Do not forget to check…
Are you ready to travel during Golden Week? Feel free to share your travel tips with us.